CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

"I came that they might have life, and have it abundantly" -John 10:10

Keeping up with the Poulsen Family

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Late Night Musings

I know all moms give the advice of "make sure to sleep when the baby is sleeping,"  but tonight, I just wasn't tired.  I'm up right now in a quiet living room, with an asleep baby girl, asleep husband, a book I just finished, and a full heart.  I have had a lovely, quiet evening by myself, interrupted by a few moments of my laughter listening to Kate put her self asleep on the monitor (the girl loves to have conversations by herself).  In thinking of how nice this night was, my mind wandered to how extraordinarily blessed our little family is.  In high school, I had a xanga, and though I will save myself from embarrassment by allowing all you readers of my far more mature blog access to my high school thoughts by giving you the address, there was one thing I did on a fairly regular basis that I was thinking tonight about bringing it back.  The fad at the time was to list your one hundred favorite things.  When rereading that list, I had to laugh at how much that list has changed, but in alot of ways, how it has stayed the same.  So, due to my present insomnia, as well as my overwhelming blessings, I have decided to update that list, starting with 50 things.

My favorite things (Anyone else singing the song right now??) Disclaimer: these are in no particular order.
1.  smelling a newborn baby 2. falling asleep next to my husband 3. babies in sleepers 4. Road trips 5. playing guitar with Chelsea 6.  Talking baby strategies with Cassie 7. Sitting and having a beer with my mom 8.  Sitting in the man cave with my dad 9. Kate's smile 10. Old and beautiful hymns at mass 11. reading a good book 12. going to the library 13. going for a good run 14. cooking something new 15. playing mario kart with jake 16. giving Kate a bath 17.  throwing Abby up in the air 18.  girl's nights 19.  late night talks with Jake 20.  visiting with family and my wonderful in-laws. 21. Aggie football 22.  any football on tv 23.  playing settlers of Catan 24. playing volleyball at camp 25. writing in my journal 26. getting the laundry finished 27. changing Kate's diaper and seeing how small I can get the dirty one before I put it in the diaper genie...don't laugh moms, I know you do the same thing! 28. watching reruns of the office 29.  cooking with Jake 30. while I hate shopping, finding clothes I am really excited about 31.  teaching a fun lesson 32.  old country music on the radio 33. going in to Kate's room in the morning and seeing her smile when she sees me 34. a good conversation with old friends 35.  the friendship feature on facebook that allows you to see old pictures 36. drinking a cold beer on a hot night 37.  making it to daily mass with Kate in tow 38. 5:45, when Jake gets home from work 39.  the first day of school 40. the last day of school 41. skyping with Chelsea, and Jake's family 42. updated blog entries from friends 43. unexpected emails/facebook messages 44.  Extreme home makeover: Weight Loss addition 45.  maybe tmi here, but being able to store pumped milk.  It's such an accomplishing task. 46. Watching Kate smile/fall asleep in her daddy's arms. 47. visiting Castroville, TX 48. visits to Dallas from family, and friends 49. hand sanitizer 50. going to weddings.

3 comments:

Maggie Moore

Hand sanitizer? Really? Otherwise a good list other than the fact that you forgot to mention anything about the best old sitcom ever, Friends. Nor did you mention playing pool on a broken pool table in the Barrett with Maggie.

Kimberly

I love this post....I'm going to have to sit down and do one myself :)

I especially love 1, 2, 10, 15, 18, 21, 30, 42, 43 and 50

Ann-Marie Ulczynski

Yay for going to Daily Mass with Kate. I love your list, Coutney. Thank you for sharing.

Post a Comment