CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

"I came that they might have life, and have it abundantly" -John 10:10

Keeping up with the Poulsen Family

Friday, May 20, 2011

Kate= 2 weeks old!

Now I understand what my parents always said about time just flying by when you have a child.  I feel like we were just blessed with our little Kate!  I guess in the grand scheme of things, 2 weeks is pretty young :), but what's next??  1 month, 1 year, 10 years, then college and marriage!  I'm getting ahead of myself...

Kate is just doing great.  She really is a great baby.  She is still eating very very well.  In fact, she is up to 8 pounds, from her her birth weight of 6 15.  She sleeps great, too.  During the night and morning feedings, she has a hard time going back to sleep...but she doesn't fuss- just has very wide eyes trying to experience the world!  We are working on getting back to sleep quicker...more for my sake then hers :).

I never realized how much I would love her little movements.  Some of my favorite things that she does is her stretch face.  She throws her arms back above her head, and lifts her head up with her lips clamped together.  Its very cute.  I love the ways she sneezes, too.  She usually gets one good sneeze in, then yells as she tries another one.  When I try to give her a binkie, she literally attacks it.  It cracks me up every time. 

I can't write a blog entry about Kate's 2 weeks of life without mentioning her amazing Daddy.  I was a little nervous about this week since it would be our first week alone as a family.  My mom was so sweet and helpful and spend Kate's first week and a few days helping us getting adjusted.   Adjusted included putting Kate back to sleep after all the night feedings, cooking dinners, and cleaning the house more then it ever has been :).  But, I worried for no reason.  Jake has been just wonderful.  He lights up when he gets home from work and we are waiting at the garage door for him.  He has taken to getting to work an hour early so he can leave at 5.  Both Kate and Mommy love it :).  With him waking up early, he as graciously volunteered to put Kate back to sleep after her early morning feeding so I can get a little more sleep.   He's just great.

Kate has really enjoyed meeting all of her new friends.  Yesterday, Aunt Cass-Cass watched her while I went to a baby shower at work.  It was hard to leave her for the first time, but it was so nice knowing I got to leave her with my sister.  When I got back, we decided to have a quick photoshoot with the two cousins.  No joke, right before we took the picture, Abby *on her own* grabbed Kate's hand.  Cass and I about melted.  I can't wait to watch those two grow up together!

Life is abundant in the Poulsen house. 

Jake and his girl after a late feeding
Abby and Kate- the cutest cousins ever!
After a binkie attack.

1 comments:

Cassie

Love the robe and Kate's hands in the last picture...get that girl signed up for basketball stat!

Post a Comment