CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

"I came that they might have life, and have it abundantly" -John 10:10

Keeping up with the Poulsen Family

Monday, May 16, 2011

New to the blogging world!

I feel like having a baby is a rite of passage into the not only motherhood, but also the world of blogging!  Jake and I wanted to be able to share stories of our life together with beautiful little Kate, along with pictures, so thus, the blog was born.

Not only did we have a hard time picking out a name for our beautiful little girl, the same was true when trying to name the blog...although I admit, it's much less important!  I kept coming back to my favorite Bible verse, John 10:10, when Christ is described as the good shepherd who knows his sheep by name.  At the end of the passage, John describes how Christ came to earth that we, his people, might not only have life, but have life to the fullest.   Guess what the Gospel reading was on Sunday??  Thus, the blog name was born.  I was thinking about how this verse has been my favorite since high school, and how abundantly God has blessed me throughout my entire life.  In fact, when I thought life couldn't get any better, I met an amazing man in 2005 who would become my husband!  Then, after Jake and I got married on June 13, 2009, I felt more blessed then ever.  That changed in September, when we found out we were expecting a little one (insert name: Baby Poulsen, Elvis, Nugget, Peanut, etc).  Then, on May 5, 2011, our cup overflowed, when we were blessed with little Kathryn Kay.  More on that to come. 

To close, I thought I would share some of our failed blog names:
Jake's choice:  "Stuff my wife says"
"Put down the beer and hold your baby"
"Changed for Gooder"

4 comments:

Audrey

I bet you've enjoyed the beer post pregnancy :) Let me know when things calm down and I'll come bring you some !

Cassie

I love the new blog!

Changed for the gooder:) love it!

Barbie

Can't wait to read more! I agree, I like Changed for the Gooder.

It took me FOREVER to come up with a blog name as well. Something so simple was really tough!

Kimberly Wagner

Yea, a blog! I've been trying to come up with a really good blog name for about two years. Obviously nothing has thrilled me yet, but I am loving yours. :)

Post a Comment