CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

"I came that they might have life, and have it abundantly" -John 10:10

Keeping up with the Poulsen Family

Monday, June 20, 2011

The smell of Chrism....

will always be a reminder of a wonderful day- June 19, 2011:  Kate's baptism and Jake's first father's day!  This morning when Kate woke up to eat, I immediately smelled the sweet and poignant smell again, and it instinctively brought a smile to my face.  I don't even want to bathe her!  I made sure Kate wore her bonnet for awhile so that it would soak up the smell of such a beautiful sacrament. The baptism was so beautiful.  We were blessed to have the same priest that married us, Father David, baptize Kate.  He was great, and gave a wonderful homily about how our faith has been passed down from generations to generations, and is the best thing we can leave our children.

When we asked Father David to baptize Kate, he suggested that we have the ceremony on Father's day.  I'm so glad he did.  Mom hosted an amazing bbq for all the fathers on Saturday, and being the party host that she is, did the same for Kate on Sunday.  We had all kinds of family join us, and were blessed to have a guest all the way from Tennessee- Jamie!  Many thanks to everyone who made the trip to make Kate's baptism special- All three of my grandparents, my uncles and aunts, my cousins, the Congers, Chelsea, Hilary, and Jamie. 

What an a rich faith we have.  God Bless Kathryn Kay!

3 comments:

Andrea

Congratulations to sweet Kate and to you and Jake of course! What a happy day!
Also - how have I missed all your updates?! Ahhhh! Well, I put you on my side bar, so hopefully I won't miss out on anything else. :-)
It was so great seeing you a few weeks ago!! xoxoxo

Kimberly

Beautiful post! Love you guys. :)

Ann-Marie Ulczynski

Welcome to the family, Kate. Many blessings to you on your special day. We miss you guys and hope that all is going well.

Post a Comment