CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

"I came that they might have life, and have it abundantly" -John 10:10

Keeping up with the Poulsen Family

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Summer in the Poulsen House

This week has been the first where I really feel like it's summer break, and not just me on maternity leave!  We are so glad to have Jamie, Jake's twin sister, staying with us for the week.  It's been so fun introducing her to Kate, and I love having someone to talk to during the day!  I mean, Kate's great...but not much of a conversationalist.  We are working on it.
This week also brought a special date- Jake and I's second anniversary!  I can't believe how fast the time has flown by.  Jake has always told me that the most memorable best man 's speech he ever heard was the advice of the best man to the couple that this day (their wedding day) shoudl be the day that they love each other the least- that their love should grow everyday.  While 2 years ago I didn't think I could love Jake more because of how enamored I was, now, I realize how small that love was compared to what I feel now.  Because of God's love, we have been able to love as he does- a love that grows and never stops.  So, watching Jake be an amazing husband, and now, an incredible father, my love for him overshadows mightily what I felt on June 13, 2009!! 

Enough of the mushy stuff.  Here is a trip down memory lane.  First, a picture from our very first date.  Well, maybe our second date.  It's up for debate whether our first date was at midnight yell, or the Hall (a dance hall in College Station).  Either way, this is from the hall.



In college, we spend alot of time supporting each other at our various events: for Jake, it was Corp events- mainly marching in the band.  For me, Jake would come to as many lacrosse games as he could. 
And, in honor of our anniversary, a few favorite wedding pictures!


4 comments:

Ann-Marie Ulczynski

Happy two years and many, many more!

Kimberly Wagner

Aww this post made me tear up! Love you two!!

Emily

Happy anniversary to our anniversary twins!

Tracy

What a wonderful post. I can't believe it has been two years and now the celebration continues with the addition of Kate into the family. I love you both and I am so incredibly proud of you!

Post a Comment